This program focuses on kids, youth, and their parents/caregivers to provide wraparound support. A variety of programming is offered for parents and youth to best meet their needs, including weekly 6-8-week group workshops, single-session workshops and community events. One-to-one sessions are also available at the participant’s request.
Kids and youth will learn how to:
- Make and keep friendships
- Raising concerns and asking for help
- Managing strong emotions
- Effective decision making
Parents/Caregivers will learn how to:
- Strengthen parenting skills
- Manage crises
- Address emotional, social, health and behavioural issues of their children
- Parents will also have an opportunity to be part of a social group—so they can build up their peer network.
Programming is offered in various communities, specifically focusing on low-income and New Canadian families to support positive social connections and expand their economic opportunities.
We know that sometimes resources are hard to find, but you’ve come to the right place. We’re here to support you on your journey.