Installing the Model
For an agency to become a TFA Accredited Agency, it must be sponsored and supported through the development process by an existing Accredited TFA Sponsor Agency. As such, CTH trains organizations in all aspects of treatment practices, program components/elements and organizational systems that are designed to systematically support the practitioner so they can deliver effective outcomes for clients. The goal is to work closely with an organization until they are able to maintain and sustain the rigorous practice standards of the Teaching-Family Association.
Closer to Home’s progressive implementation of the TFM across one or more service deliveries, allows each agency to acquire knowledge, competency and expertise while developing at a pace that is comfortable, cost-effective and realistic. Standards invite flexibility and creativity within the individual context of each organization. Accreditation with TFA ensures that funders and clients are highly satisfied with services provided.
Closer to Home provides organizational assessments, on-site training, subject matter expert consultation, intellectual property, and ongoing support through the entire development process. These services include but are not limited to:
- Skill-based training and assistance with the implementation of all the required training workshops (including Train the Trainer,) Active training and consultation supports on the implementation of the four TFA Integrated Systems:
- Pre-Service Workshop Training (inclusive of all TFM program components)
- Supervision/Consultation Workshop
- Evaluation Practices for Practitioners, and
- Facilitative Administration Workshop for Agency Leaders.
- Written assessments on the implementation of the TFM and client outcomes.
- Development and implementation of outcomes measures and reporting systems.
- Assistance with changes to policies and procedures, staffing models and documentation related to TFA Standards
- Preparation for the first On-site Accreditation Review.
The process is unique to each agency in that several factors impact the development timeline i.e. agency size, type of service(s) provided, current skill levels/experiences of staff, and the resource commitment to the development process. Development is typically a two to three year process to accreditation.
Closer to Home fees are individually negotiated based on the size and the complexity of the developing organization. Actual cost can vary depending on how quickly the agency takes on all aspects of the Model. Instead of full implementation, organizations can choose to purchase services from a Sponsor Site annually after one year of development, and achieve a Certification Status with the TFA.
For more information about Training Services, please contact Karen Olivier at (403) 543-0550, Ext. 229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.