Closer to Home Community Services (CTH) offers development and implementation services to assist organizations in developing effective residential, group care, foster care, home –based family support, indigenous trauma & healing programs, school-based, and early intervention programs for children, youth, families and individuals in the Teaching-Family Model evidence-based system of care. Closer to Home’s progressive implementation of this evidence-based practice model across multiple service deliveries allows each agency to acquire knowledge, competency and expertise while developing at a pace that is comfortable, cost-effective and realistic. Services are tailored to each organization’s needs as the Teaching Family Association (TFA) Accreditation Standards invite flexibility and creativity within the individual context of each organization. Accreditation with TFA ensures that funders and clients are highly satisfied with services provided.
CTH has been an Accredited Sponsor Agency for the Teaching-Family Association (TFA) since 1999. Since 2007, Closer to Home Community Services has been actively involved in the dissemination of the Teaching-Family Model with several child and family serving organizations in the United States and New Zealand. To date, CTH has provided purveyor services to a multi-model agency in New Zealand, a large school-based/day treatment agency in Cincinnati, Ohio as well as with two agencies working with dependent adults in both Nashville and Memphis, Tennessee. All four organizations achieved International TFA accreditation.
CTH trains organization in all aspects of treatment practices, program components/elements and organizational systems to systematically support the practitioner so they can deliver effective outcomes for clients. The goal is to work closely with an organization until they are able to maintain and sustain the rigorous practice standards of the Teaching-Family Association.
For an agency to become a TFA Accredited Agency, it must be sponsored and supported through the development process by an existing Accredited TFA Sponsor Agency. Closer to Home provides organizational assessments, on-site training, expert subject matter consultation, intellectual property, and ongoing support through the entire development process. These services include but are not limited to:
- Skill-based training and assistance with the implementation of all of training workshops (including Train the Trainer) that demonstrate inclusion of all principles of the Teaching-Family Model and build sustainability for the organization.
- Active training and consultation supports on the implementation of the four TFA Integrated Systems:
- Pre-Service Workshop Training (inclusive of all TFM program components)
- Supervision/Consultation Workshop
- Evaluation Practices for Practitioners, and
- Facilitative Administration Workshop for Agency Leaders.
- Written assessments on the implementation of the TFM and client outcomes.
- Development and implementation of outcomes measures and reporting systems.
- Assistance with changes to policies and procedures, staffing models and documentation related to TFA Standards
- Preparation for the first On-site Accreditation Review.
The process is unique to each agency in that several factors impact the development timeline i.e. agency size, type of service(s) provided, current skill levels/experiences of staff, and the resource commitment to the development process. Development is typically a two to three year process to accreditation.
Closer to Home fees are individually negotiated and based on the size and the complexity of the developing organization. Costs typically range from $40,000-$60,000 annually, depending on the amount of consultant activities and hours purchased, plus associated travel expenses. Actual cost can vary depending on how quickly an agency installs the model. Organizations can also choose to purchase services from a Sponsor Site annually after one year of development, and achieve a Certification Status with the TFA.