Viewpoints is an evidence-based, preventative skill-building program. Our goal is to break down stigma about mental health and help youth aged 8-17 practice a more resilient self. Viewpoints works with organizations, groups, families, and youth in a setting that is trauma-informed and community-minded. With Viewpoints, you can:
- Set up one-on-one Walk ‘n Talk mentoring sessions
- Take part in workshops, clubs, or other activities
- Get help accessing other community resources
- Provide feedback for future programs and services
Sometimes growing up can be really hard, frustrating, lonely, and confusing. There are many changes and challenges along the way, which can be stressful. Tough times can’t be avoided, but together, we can learn to cope and be better prepared for them. If you, or someone you know wants to start talking, we can do this together.
Did You Know?
- Two-thirds of young adults who are feeling the effects of mental health issues first felt symptoms as children
- Between 10-20% of Canadian youth are already experiencing the effects of issues in mental health, right now
- People of all ages, education, income levels, and cultures are affected
Viewpoints is a skill-building prevention program and does not provide therapy for ongoing mental health issues or crises, but will connect to appropriate resources if needed.
For more information about Viewpoints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.